2016 hasn’t been the greatest of years for Johnny Depp both personally and professionally, and now he’s rounded out the year by being named by Forbes as the most overpaid actor in Hollywood for the second year running.
Forbes calculates its list by working out how much studios have earned in return for every dollar paid to each actor, taking into account their last three films prior to June 2016 (excluding animated films, and those receiving only a limited release) – which unfortunately for Depp included the box office bomb Alice Through the Looking Glass, which grossed just $300 million from its $170 million budget.
Still, next year he hasPirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, so that should surely get him back on track, right..?
Here’s the ten most overpaid actors from Forbes list for 2016…
1. Johnny Depp ($2.80 for every $1 paid)
2. Will Smith ($5.00 for every $1 paid)
3. Channing Tatum ($6 for every $1 paid)
4. Will Ferrell ($6.50 for every $1 paid)
5. George Clooney ($6.70 for every $1 paid)6. Adam Sandler ($7.60 for every $1 paid)
7. Mark Wahlberg ($9.20 for every $1 paid)
8. Leonardo DiCaprio ($9.90 for every $1 paid)
9. Julia Roberts ($10.80 for every $1 paid)
10. Bradley Cooper ($12.10 for every $1 paid)