23-year-old man, drinks an entire bottle of tequila in one go to win a $630 bet and DIES moments later

Posted on

3defa4e900000578-0-image-a-136_1488602515791

It was the bet to end all bets, and ultimately a man’s life. 

A 23-year-old man died from alcohol poisoning after chugging an entire bottle of tequila in a Dominican nightclub.

Kelvin Rafael Mejía decided to down the lot as part of a friendly wager between friends.

The insane bet was all caught on camera and then posted online.

Kelvin Rafael Mejía, 23, died after drinking an entire bottle of tequila as part of a bet
Kelvin Rafael Mejía, 23, died after drinking an entire bottle of tequila as part of a bet

 

The video caught the moment Kelvin completed the challenge of drinking the tequila straight from the bottle.

But no sooner had the Kelvin won $630 and had the money in his hand, he fainted and collapsed to the floor and never regained consciousness.

After finishing every last drop and handed his winnings, just seconds later he is barely able to stand and has to be helped up by two men.

Shortly afterwards, he died. The Dominican Republic’s medical examiner revealed that the man died from alcohol intoxication.

According to El Universal, the bet came about after Mejia approached a table where a group of clients were betting money on how much tequila they could drink in one go and he asked to join in.

The management of the venue, the Vacca Lounge, has distanced itself from the events stating the nightclub had nothing to do with the tragic incident.

Advertisements

Drop A Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s